Moroccan Chicken Bastila - Pastilla
- Difficulty : 5/5
- Prep time : 90 min
- Cook time : 35 min
- Serves : 8
- 1 chicken about 1.5kg
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of saffron powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 cups of water
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar cinnamon
- 500 g dough sheet
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup additional sugar
- Make heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. In a baking dish, put water, chicken, onion, parsley, coriander, turmeric, saffron, oil, ginger and cinnamon. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and let it cool.
Remove skin and bones and flesh.
- Degrease the liquid and pour into a medium saucepan. Do it simmer and add the beaten eggs, sugar and cinnamon. Pepper to taste and allow to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/370°F. Butter a pie plate of 20 cm diameter.
- Put a sheet of dough in pan and brush with melted butter. Put in a second and butter it.
Repeat up to seven sheets of dough stacked. Sprinkle a mixture of the latest almonds, cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread the sauce and add the meat tapered.
Lift the edges of the dough and butter. Extend, butter and layer four sheets of dough that you cut to the extent of the mold.
- Roast in the oven for 30-45 min.
- Sprinkle pastilla with icing sugar and cinnamon for decoration.