- Difficulty : 2/5
- Prep time : 30 min
- Cook time : 15 min
- Serves : 6
- 6 oz sesame seeds (170gr)
- 1 Tbsp of anise
- 1 Tbsp of fennel
- 1/2 cup of vegetal oil
- 1 pound of wheat flour (500gr)
- 3.5 oz sugar (100 gr)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange blossom water
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
Krichlat are small crispy cakes which are generally served with the mint tea.
- To realize these delicious cakes, we are going to begin by grilling on the stove some sesame seeds, fennel and anise to raise their taste (just 3-4 minutes).
- Overturn into a bowl: the seeds of sesame, eggs, the anise, the water, the fennel, the sugar, the vegetable oil, the orange blossom water, the yeast and the salt.
- Mix the whole with hands then add the flour the goal here is to have a very homogeneous dough.
- Let rest the dough during 15 minutes.
- Work the dough with your hands to make sticks (not too big) then cut each stick into small pieces with a knife, these small pieces of dough will become our tasty krichlats.
- Place krichlats on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated oven 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes (until browned on top).
- Serve with Moroccan tea!