- Difficulty : 2/5
- Prep time : 15 min
- Cook time : 15 min
- Serves : 4
- 4 Tomatoes
- 4 eggplants
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Cut the eggplant into pieces, salt and poach in a pan.
- 10 minutes later, drain and set aside
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in a pan with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Once reduced tomato sauce, add parsley, diced eggplant and garlic.
- Once they become soft, mash with a wooden spatula.
- Mix to get a homogeneous adding cumin and a little vinegar.
Our Advice : You can add "harissa" or hot sauce to Zaalouk!