Briwat with Walnut Filling Chef
- Difficulty : 4/5
- Prep time : 45 min
- Cook time : 20 min
- Serves : 4
- Makes : 20 briwats
- 1 roll of Fillo dough or pastilla dough
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Tbsp of orange blossom water
- Melted buttter
- Egg yolk
- Sesame seeds
Steps to make the walnut filling :
- Drizzle oil on a cooking pan and roast the walnuts for 5 minutes to enhance their flavor.
- Grind very finely the walnuts until you get a very smooth consistency.
- Add to the mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter and blossom water to the mix.
Steps to roll the Briwat :
- Brush the top Fillo leaf with melted butter.
- Cut the Fillo in 4 long strips.
- Put the filling in the left tip of the stip then cover the filling with the right tip to make a triangle.
- Keep moving the Fillo dough strip left and right to make a triangle.
- To close the briwat, brush the last tip of the Fillo with egg yolk.
Note: Don't worry if the Briwat are not perfect, once they are fried, all the imperfections will disappear :-)
Steps to cook the Briwat:
- In hot oil, fry the Briwat for few minutes until golden brown.
- Drain the Briwat from the oil, and dip them in warm honey.
- Drain the Briwat from the honey and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Serve cold with Moroccan tea!
Video for Briwat
Still hungry for more? Ok! some others recipes of appetizers here :