Loubia - Moroccan White Beans
- Difficulty : 2/5
- Prep time : 5 min
- Cook time : 25 min
- Serves : 4
- 1 kg dry white beans
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large pinch of turmeric powder
- 70 ml of water (more or less)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Dry white beans must be soaked overnight before use if you are in a hurry you can except a box of white beans instead.
- In a saucepan or a tajine, drizzle the olive oil add the onion and let them cook for 5 minutes white stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, spices, the parsley and the water to the tajine. Mix all the ingredients, let them cook for 10 minutes
- Add the white beans and let the tajine cook for 20 minutes on medium heat
- Serve warm.
Still hungry for more? Ok! some others recipes of appetizers here :