Maassel - Lamb tajine with prunes and almonds
- Difficulty : 3/5
- Prep time : 20 min
- Cook time : 40 min
- Serves : 4
- 1 kg of prunes
- 1.5 kg shoulder or mouse lamb chopped
- 1 pinch of ginger powder
- 1 pinch saffron crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 250 g almonds
- 100 g of toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Wash prunes, place them in a large container. Pour 1 liter of water and leave to swell.
- In a pot, fry the meat over medium heat and mix well with ginger, saffron, onion, salt and cinnamon.
- Drain the prunes recovering their soaking water and set aside.
- Pour the soaking prunes in the pot, stir well and bring to boil. Add 4 tablespoons of oil and cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring during cooking and adding a little water if necessary.
- When the meat is cooked, remove from the pot and set aside.
- Reduce the sauce until complete evaporation of water. Add the prunes and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and sauté the almonds.
- Reheat the meat in the sauce reduction add a little honey to caramelize and simmer for a few minutes, until caramelized.
- Place the meat in a hot tagine, have over prunes and sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds and serve hot.
Still hungry for more? Ok! some others recipes of tajines here :