Lamb with onions and raisins tajine
- Difficulty : 3/5
- Prep time : 20 min
- Cook time : 40 min
- Serves : 4
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of saffron powder
- 1 whole shoulder of lamb cut into pieces
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 300 g of grapes
- In a pan heat the oil with onions, spices, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 liter of water. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the lamb pieces and bring to a boil.
- Stir again and add the parsley bouquet attached. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the meat from the pot before it is fully cooked.
- In the pot, put the honey and raisins previously rinsed with cold water. Simmer uncovered on low heat for 15 minutes to reduce the sauce well.
- Return the meat to the pan and heat over very low heat for about 15 minutes to complete cooking.
- In a bowl, prepare the meat, coat with sauce with onions and raisins and serve immediately.
Still hungry for more? Ok! some others recipes of tajines here :